Managing Non Profit Development Projects
5 (five) days
10 – 14 February 2014
Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom, Bangkok – Thailand
This course is intended for people who work in the non profit sector who are responsible for designing and carrying out non profit projects. Participants will learn how to manage non profit development projects. Step-by-step processes and techniques will be introduced for the various phases of a project life cycle from project initiation to project closing. Case study workshops reinforce the theory sessions, enabling the participants to return to the workplace capable of using the skills learned to successfully handle challenges of managing a typical non profit project.
This workshop is designed to better enable participants to initiate, plan, implement, monitor, control, evaluate and close non profit projects.
In this program participants will learn how to run a non profit project according to the standards published in the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PM-BOK).
- Introduction to projects and project management: What is a project, What is project management, project management knowledge areas, project management processes & project life cycles, the laws of project management, project stakeholders, major challenges in managing a non profit project, role of the project manager
- Project initiation: initiation processes, initial project team, initiation kick-off meeting, project objectives, project strategy, project proposals, project charter
- Project scope, time and costs planning: fundamentals of project planning work, breakdown structure , project scheduling, project cost estimating & budgeting
- Project quality management: quality plan, quality assurance, quality control
- Project risks management: risk planning, risk identification & analysis, risk response, risk monitoring & control
- Project procurement: fundamentals of effective project procurement, project procurement planning, vendor selection , ITQ & ITT, procurement negotiations, purchase orders and contracts
- Project monitoring & evaluation: M&E processes, results-based M&E, time and scope, costs, EVA.
- Project HR Management: project organization, developing and leading effective project teams, people performance management.
- Project communication management: communication basics, communication plan, distribution of information, feedbacks, meetings, reporting, presentation.
- Project close-out: purpose, closing processes, project evaluation, acceptance, handing-over, closure report.
A proper mix of short lectures, Q&A, sharing, discussions, individual & group exercises and cases.
- Program Managers , Project Managers
- Program Leaders, Project Leaders
- Program Officers, Project Officers
- Senior Program Assistants
- All Managers and Senior Officers who are involved in managing non profit projects
- Project Sponsors, Project Donors
- Those groomed for above positions
- US$ 2250.- per person, net into our account
- Including a certificate, refreshments, lunch, stationery and writing instruments
Phone : +62 21 7456755
Fax : +62 21 7452049
Registration closing date : 4 (four) weeks prior to the commencement date of the program
If you wish to enroll to this program, kindly complete and submit the form below