Effective Financial Audit
5 (five) days
- 11 – 15 December 2017
- 25 – 29 June 2018
- 17 – 21 December 2018
Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom – Thailand
For those who want to understand and expand their roles related to financial information, as well as those who simply need a refresher on financial accounting and reporting, this course is the ideal way to get up to speed. By exploring concepts that go beyond accounting, this course will enable participants to approach financial auditing with renewed confidence. In this course, participants will learn how key business processes relate to financial statements. The course will walk participants through an analysis of an organization’s financial statements using case study exercises, where participants will learn how to develop certain test in order to ensure the reliability of financial information such as test of control, substantive test as well as to calculate key ratios and analyze trends over time. Finally, by taking on such topics as “common recipes for cooking the books” and engaging in discussions on both historic and current fraud cases, participants will learn how to recognize “red flags” in financial statement.
Accounting and Auditing General Review
- Define key accounting terms.
- Understand accounting rules, equations, and basic principles.
- Differentiate between management-level reporting and financial statement-level reporting.
- Nature and Types of audit evidence.
- Considering Internal Control.
- Considering the risk of fraud.
Financial Statements — An Overview
- Review the characteristics of key financial statements.
- Recognize the flow of information from source documents to financial statements.
- Identify the components of a financial balance sheet.
- Distinguish where in an income statement financial accounts should appear.
- Calculate key ratios from a company’s financial statements.
- Analyze data using horizontal and vertical analysis.
Business Processes and Accounting
- Developing the overall audit plan and audit program.
- Application of the audit process to the following cycles:
- Sales and collection cycle;
- Acquisition and payment cycle;
- Inventory and warehousing cycle;
- Payroll and personnel cycle;
- Capital acquisition and repayment cycle;
- Recall key revenue, liability, and inventory-related ratios.
- Practice using a risk assessment template to analyze risks, and design and test controls.
Recipes for Cooking the Books
- Identify the elements of financial statements fraud.
A proper mix of short lectures, Q&A, sharing, discussions, individual & group exercises and case studies.
- Finance & Accounting Managers / Supervisors / Officers
- Directors, General Managers
- SME Business Owners
- All those who are groomed for above positions and who are interested to sharpen and broaden their knowledge & skills in financial audit.
- US$ 2250.- per person, net into our account
- Including a certificate, refreshments, lunch, stationery and writing instruments
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +62 21 7456755
Fax : +62 21 7452049
Registration closing date : 4 (four) weeks prior to the commencement date of the program.
Course Registration Form - Bangkok
Please Use this form to enroll yourself and/or your colleagues to our course in Bangkok